Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Mom...

My Mom has been running a fever of 102+ and has not drank anything since July 22nd while in the nursing home. She has been having a problem with her heart and the doctor has said she is acutely ill having only a few days to possibly a full week to live. He asked my Dad to let the family know. So many things run through your mind during times such as these; so many scriptures that bring comfort, so many memories that can never be taken away. Still, there is the human side of letting go and the spiritual side of releasing her back to God with thanksgiving for the time that He allowed us to have her on "loan". There have been a few times in my life when music has been a huge comfort to me! This is one of those times when a particular song just keeps returning to my mind. I've been listening to the Chris Tomlin CD, "Hello Love" for a few weeks now off and on. Not ironically, the Lord, I believe, has been preparing me for the days that lie ahead with my mother's apparent death and using "I Will Rise" to minister to me! I'm not sure if my Mom has ever heard this song, but I know if it weren't for the fact that she is in a coma-like state right now; surely she would remind her children of the scriptural promises within the words of this song.

"There's a peace I've come to know,
though my heart and flesh may fail.
There's an anchor for my soul,
I can say, "it is well".

Chorus:
"Jesus, has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed.
The victory is won.
He is risen from the dead.
And I will rise, when He calls my name.
No more sorrow, no more pain.
I will rise, on eagle's wings,
before my God, fall on my knee,
and rise, I will rise".

"There's a day that's drawing near,
when this darkness breaks to light.
And the shadows disappear,
and my faith shall be my eyes".

Repeat chorus

Thanks be to God! I love you, Mom!

1 comment:

Patty Honeycutt said...

I'm praying for you and your family during this time. It is hard to let go even when you know how much better they will be with Jesus. I love you girl!