Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Things often get worse before they get better!

I've been sick since Friday afternoon. It all started with a runny nose, but by Saturday morning I could hardly walk. My hips hurts, my legs, elbows, even the creases of my arms, fingers. Of course, it had rained quite hard and I am still having problems with bone pain since my surgery. Seemed like the high-dose calcium that my physician put me on was helping with that some. Sunday, I felt like I would have felt better if someone laid me in the road and ran over me! Well, I have strep throat, a double ear infection and one of my ear drums has already ruptured. Sinuses are all clogged up. I got started on some antibiotics, but the strep plaques overnight continued their progression and are now on top of my mouth and on my gums causing even more swelling. I think some of the kids at the orphan home are sick and maybe I should have taken better precautions!

This is the second week of "winter" break here for the kids. Yes, it is July, but yes, it is considered winter in Costa Rica. It's hard to adjust to that mindset when it's 78 degrees outside! Actually, we don't technically have "seasons" here they say, like summer, winter, spring and fall. Just dry and wet season and it is wet season now. On the news last night they announced the kids will also have an extended week off next week due to the flu!

So, this week, I won't be ministering back up at the orphan house because my own health is already too compromised and all the little hugs are nice, but giving the kids the "Cooties" wouldn't be!

(Mama Isa did bring over sopa de pollo and arroz con leche, though! She said, "eat lots, you will feel better".....OKAY)!!! :)

No comments: