Monday, July 06, 2009

The "benefits" of a relationship with God/PRAYER REQUEST

Tonight I was reading in the Book of Psalms. I love Psalm 103. I keep this one close when I'm going through "stuff" in my life. Stuff like missing my family, thinking about my Mom or when we have a particularly frustrating day with the ministry. I find that when I make an effort to focus on Him it minimizes the pains of my heart and a sense of healing pours over me.

I really don't have anything "new" to post today. Scripturally, I thought I'd share this Psalm. It ignites my soul! I hope that it does yours as well.

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed. He made known his ways to Moses, his deeds to the people of Israel: The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our inquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him"...

**EDIT: I noticed that when I began this post I said I didn't have anything "new" to report tonight. In the middle of writing this, I got a phone call from Ken asking me to run up the road to Katherine and David's home (our ministry partners). Heather was in their house alone babysitting Alianna, their 18-month-old baby. She called her father crying because she heard voices outside their house and someone was trying to break into their house from the outside. (Katherine and Kyle are with Ken. Kyle took a good slice out of his finger tonight and Ken needed to take him to the hospital emergency room for stitches. Katherine went along to help with Spanish). Heather didn't want to call me because I was home alone with Jordan. Needless to say, Ken called me and I ran to the camp, got three of the guys who are staying there this week with the short-term team, and we went to the house. Heather had activated Katherine and David's alarm system from within the house and scared the people off. PRAY for Heather tonight who has really been shaken up by all of this and in all honesty, I have been too. I needed to come home and use an inhaler for my asthma. I may be a missionary, but I was a Momma first! And, PRAISE Him that our child remained safe**