Wednesday, August 05, 2009

In the States

My Mom passed away last Friday night at 7:55 p.m. I was with Brad and Danielle heading back to our home in N.C. when I got the news from my family. Since I couldn't make it home to NY to say good bye to my Mom in time, I decided to stay in N.C. over the weekend and go to our home church, Hickory Grove, to get some "LOVE" before making the trip up North to be with my family. I'm glad I did that! We arrived safely at my Mom and Dad's home on Monday night. It has been very hard to be at home, but not have my Mom with us in the house. Yesterday, my oldest brother, Dick and his wife, Susan, arrived home safely from the mission field of Scotland. Today, I went to the airport to get Ken, Heather, Kyle and Jordan when they arrived home from Costa Rica. More family is arriving tonight and tomorrow leading up to my Mom's memorial service on Saturday, though I believe it would better be called a "Celebration of Life" service. I sat with my Dad, sister and brother today as they discussed the service and made final plans. We were interrupted so many times with condolence phone calls it was amazing to me, and a real blessing to be reminded of how many people care for our family! Tonight, we are just a couple miles down the road from my Mom and Dad's home, staying at Ken's sister's home so that other family members can stay with my Dad. Ken's parents are also here at his sister's for the summer, so that is nice for us to be able to be with them too. Please continue to pray for our family, as members continue to travel, but pray for the service on Saturday at 1 p.m. that God would be glorified and my Mom honored.

No comments: