Monday, July 09, 2007

Maybe I am not a "weirdie"?

I've been doing some reading! I hope to finish up the last chapter of Neal Pirolo's book, "Serving as Senders" in the next two days. Then, I've decided that I will read it again. It had so much in it, I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything the first time around (which I'm sure I probably did). It's a book about missionaries and covers the topics of how to care for them as they prepare to go, while they are on the field and when they return home. We have a "team" of supporters in our church reading this along with us. We have some extra copies, so if you attend our church and this book might interest you, just let us know. I've learned that I'm not totally insane! (maybe a little, just not totally). I'm glad to know some of the things we've been feeling over the last year and a half are "normal". I also found a devotional book that I have been trying to put my hands on for a year now! Amber actually enticed me with it on our long drive up to Buffalo, NY last year in June for Global's Missions Conference. It's "Voices of the Faithful", devotionals written by missionaries as they are serving from the field. Beth Moore also has some writings in it, chapter openers. It's a really good devotional book! Hard to find, but well worth the wait. So, I've been reading along in that too. We have another presentation coming up and so we continue to prepare for that. We're continuing to look for monthly supporters to be able to go to Costa Rica! Send me an email if you are interested. "And how shall they (go) preach except they are sent"? Romans 10:15

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Those are great books. Even if you're not in missions or planning to leave for the mission field, "Serving as Senders" is a great book for all believers. All Christians can - and should - be participating in the Great Commission. This book outlines practical ways for doing that.