Saturday, September 05, 2009

A weekend off...AND a Happy Birthday!

For the first time in a very long time, (like so long that I cannot even remember) there is not a weekend rental at the camp! Therefore, we have a weekend off! Besides sleeping in late on a Saturday morning; (when we have a rental group that comes in on Friday night, usually they request the camp to be locked up around midnight and the camp kitchen opened as early as 5 a.m.); this is how we spent the beginning of Saturday afternoon...OFF. Ken and I watched the Syracuse University Football game via laptop on ESPN2. Unfortunately, Syracuse lost, but it is the simple things that we often don't get to see because of time constraints that make life down here a little more "fun"!

Well, the games over and I have a sink full of ripening bananas. Time to get up and make some banana bread!

A "Very Happy Birthday Wish" to my brother, Peter, back in Syracuse, NY. Hope your day with your family is as Special as you are! We love you!

1 comment:

Pete In Syracuse said...

It was so restful I came back to work in a daze. I've got to get my tail in gear!!! Thanks......Pete