Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Sorta been down...

Okay, found the camera...PTL! Jordan on the other hand has strep throat and is taking an antibiotic, but not really feeling that well. He has been having dizziness because he has an ear infection which has made him a little scared not having really experienced it (dizziness) before. At the time of this post he will take his third dose of the antibiotic, so hopefully tomorrow he will feel better. I didn't find the camera in time to take any pictures of the football tournament.

The last couple of days I have been feeling kind of down myself, and the distance from here in Costa Rica to my family feels huge at this time. Thankfully, I feel better today. I think it is just part of the grieving process and the fact that last week would have been Mom's birthday. Though I would have to mail a card weeks in advance, pray, cross my fingers and hold my breath that it would get to her on her birthday in time; I certainly missed the chance to call home, which is what I have always done on her birthday even when we lived in the States, and say Happy Birthday and remind her how much I loved her!

One thing she did always teach us kids when we have faced difficult situations is to always focus ourselves "up", so I have been spending a lot of time focusing on Him, who is able! I've spent more time in prayer, reading the Bible, listening to music and instead of focusing on something that makes me feel sad, focusing on something that makes me feel happy. Oddly, it is the one thing that my Mom and I had most in common, cooking and baking, though she would tell you, "I don't know where Sherri learned to cook because she never wanted to spend time with me in the kitchen when I wanted to teach her". That is true! But, what she didn't know is that I did spend time watching her! Yesterday, I spent the entire day cooking and baking for my family which brings them as well as me a lot of pleasure.

Here is a verse of a song that echo'd in my mind as I played worship music in my kitchen yesterday while I was cooking and baking.

"These sufferings,
This passing tide.
Under your wings,
I will abide.
And every enemy,
shall flee.
You are my Hope and Victory"!

He continues to work in my life and without Him, I am nothing.

1 comment:

Pete In Syracuse said...

Nice to hear I'm not the only one on this emotional rollercoaster. Glad to see you doing the healthy way out. I'll pray you have JOY if you do too!.......Love Petem