Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Still.....painting

I have really dreaded having to paint the kitchen, but thankfully tonight I am almost done. It has been a long day of tedious taping around kitchen cabinets and countertops to start the painting. There does not seem to be a full wall anywhere in this kitchen, so it seems to be taking so much longer than any other room with the added excessive taping in the broken up lay-out of windows, cabinets, etc. The other day I found out that my brother, Dick, who is a missionary Pastor is coming home from Scotland for a short visit. This is great news since we were talking on the phone wondering how and if our furloughs would ever coincide with each other's. He will be at home in Syracuse, NY just a few days before we need to travel there in February and then on to Global's offices in Buffalo and St. Catherine's for some last minute meetings. I think it has been two years now since I have seen him and so I am really thankful and excited, but that is so understated, that God has uniquely orchestrated his return and our travel to collide and I will get to see him and his wife, Sue. This family visit will be difficult as it will be our last before departing for Costa Rica. So, it is to visit, but also to say good-bye to my parents, two sisters, three brothers, Ken's sister and his brother too. We have someone interested in looking at our house when we have it ready and before we sign a contract with a realtor to list it. If you could add that to your prayer list for us that would be wonderful! Thank you so much!

No comments: