Thursday, December 18, 2008

Today is THE DAY!

We've been counting down the number of "sleeps" with Jordie, listening to Danielle and Jordie pass each other in the house and say, "how many more days"...and today is THE DAY! In a few hours we will depart for the airport to pick up Bradley (our future son-in-law). When asked by the doctor yesterday if I wanted him to work hard at getting my lymph node biopsy results BEFORE Christmas so that I could have a nice Christmas, I calmly told him "no". I want to wait until my follow up appointment in January for those results. I told him I had peace about whatever he will find or won't find at my surgery and besides I was prepared to wait the 15 days that he originally told me I would have too. Tomorrow, I begin my clear liquid diet.

When asked by my family what I wanted for Christmas, my response, to keep to our family tradition of making cookies together. That's all I want! And so, Danielle got a hold of Brad for him to bring down some necessary elements to our baking, Christmas sprinkles, pretzels, Rolo's, Hershey's kisses, etc. and so tomorrow night we have plans to carry out "our tradition" in the camp kitchen with our extended family, the Huitz's, our next door neighbor, Milena and bake cookies, watch the Polar Express and though I can't eat any cookies, I will thoroughly enjoy our time being together!

No comments: