Monday, March 31, 2008

Two ties uniquely bound

"Sever the ties, except the ties that bind me to your service and to your heart" and "Blest be the tie that binds, our hearts in Christian love...." How amazing that this poem that I spoke about yesterday with a challenge and this favorite hymn are uniquely bound directly to Him, to His love and what He has done for us. Our family is just an ordinary family. There really is not anything that makes us different or allows us to stand out from anyone else. God has allowed a way for us all to serve Him in the capacity that we are endeavoring to serve Him as missionaries. It often requires us in an act of obedience to step out of our comfort zones and totally depend on Him. I wish that we could say that we don't struggle with that, but we do because of who we are in the flesh. For me, I have to die to myself daily, sometimes hourly! They say that out of 75% of people who call themselves Christians, only 9% have a world view. I am thankful that Jesus gave it all at the cross. He didn't just give 9%. What's your world view and where is He beckoning you to share about Him? Across the hallway in your office or two cubicles down? On the 2nd and 3rd grade wing when your classroom is on the 5th grade wing? Only you know. But He knows too! I promise you, the God that saved you will be the God that equips you for the task that He has asked you in His Name to do!

"Blest be the tie that binds" our hearts to this church and to our Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: