Friday, March 14, 2008

The Struggle...saying good-bye

We got a phone call at the beginning of this week inviting us to a dinner party in our honor hosted by two of our neighbors and one of our supporters. The dinner is tonight. Last night we got a reminder phone call. Could it be that they have mental telepathy and knew our thoughts over the last couple of days? It would almost seem easier not to show up than to have to endure the pain of having to say good-bye. I shared that with our Pastor on Wednesday night as he discussed our final Sunday here; I wish there was a way out of attending that last service. It is gut wrenching! But then of course, God stepped in and the very next day as I was roaming around on Missionary-Blogs I came across this missionary prayer by David Livingstone on a blog (ugh...I forgot to write down whose blog I read it on): "Lord, send me anywhere, only go with me. Lay any burden on me, only sustain me. Sever any ties, but the tie that binds me to your service and to your heart". Enough said!

No comments: