Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Ali...

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...I met Ali. It was her first day in the Christian school I had been attending for two years. We ended up sitting next to each other in homeroom. She looked overwhelmed that first day. I said, "hi" to her. She mustered up a half-smile and said "hi" back. I thought she was really shy (little did I know). The rest is a long history of high school together, proms, guys, then marriage and kids. And does she have kids! 10!!! I just saw her a few weeks ago when we traveled up North. Ken & I had dinner with her and her husband, Steve. We laughed, all four of us, like old times when we used to live closer. Distance has not changed our friendship, though. We still fought over paying the bill! Somehow in our families moving around we have always found each other through family members. I called her this morning to sing Happy Birthday to her, but she wouldn't have it! Probably because she knows I would sing off-key! So Ali, since I know you read this blog faithfully every single day, "Happy Birthday" and a reminder, from Proverbs 18:24, "Some friendships do not last, but some friends are more loyal than brothers". I love you and I thank God for our 28 years of friendship! Thank you for making my life rich! You are...the best!!!

No comments: