Saturday, April 05, 2008

Hola

Thank you to all of you who prayed for our family! First, we did arrive in Costa Rica safely and we did get our luggage! For those who had not heard, we arrived with all 10 of our bags missing! They were delivered to the camp by Delta Airlines for us since we are about an hour from the airport on Tuesday late afternoon. We are working on setting up our home. Ken and I had to switch our bedroom around to another bedroom in the house. We just could not get any sleep with the neighborhood dogs and neighbors chickens crowing all night. Seems they are confused. I always thought roosters were quiet at nighttime...not here! We are learning to be more flexible! No cold water to wash dishes is hard for me since the "dishes weren't clean until your hands were red" where I come from! I have devised a routine of drawing hot water from the shower to wash my dishes and this makes me very happy and content in my cleaning! Kyle does not like the peanut butter here and much to our surprise we cannot find Grape jelly or jam! I was shopping yesterday and have yet to figure out if we can buy spaghetti sauce as we know it in the States. I see a lot of tomato products, but none that look like spaghetti sauce. The kids are doing fine, swimming everyday and playing soccer at the camp. I have not seen any "killer" bugs here yet, just simple ants and small spiders. So, seems like it will be okay for you skeptical visitors to come down! Well, since we have no phone line yet, I am typing this from the internet cafe in the town of Orosi. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you, family, church family, supporters, friends. We miss you, but we want you to know that we are blessed to be here. It truly is a beautiful country filled with precious people. That's all for now!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

We're so excited that y'all are IN Costa Rica, IN Orosi, beginning a new adventure! We're so happy for you...and can't wait to hear stories and praise reports!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all have arrived safely and are starting to settle in! You're all in my prayers and keep us posted as you're able!
-Chris