Friday, September 17, 2010

Women's Ministry Tonight - Praying?

I hope if you are a regular follower of this blog that you remembered a previous post about the Women's Ministry Outreach being held tonight at the camp. This ministry is now a regular Outreach into the community of women and is being held every three months under the name, "Noche de Chicas" or "Chick Night"! The Lord placed this ministry on my heart back in late winter and I formed a Steering Committee of two other very fine Tica Christian ladies to help me launch our first Women's Outreach back in June. At that time, missionary intern, Tamara Maycroft was here and she was the guest speaker. There is more of a "need" for this ministry than I even understood back in June, and as of the last couple of weeks, my two Tica friends on the Steering Committee have been virtually "hounded" about the next meeting, when it was going to be, etc. Today, I have been working on the last of the preparations and I will take more photos tonight, but here are the brownie bites on a stick. Then they are dipped in chocolate and rolled in coconut, macadamia nuts or just fun confetti sprinkles. As a rule, my Tica friends informed me that "chocolate is necessary" at a Women's gathering, so I am prayerful that this will fit the bill! Tonight, Amy Givens, our new ministry partner here at the camp is sharing her testimony and what the Lord has taught her especially about Biblical "finances". Our next meeting is scheduled for December 4 and will be a Mother-Daughter Christmas Tea theme.

Please pray for our outreach tonight as Amy shares from the Word about this very specific topic, but a much needed one with regard to women here in the Valley! Also, at the same time that the women are having their meeting, we will be having a simultaneous children's ministry, so that no women has to be left out of attending tonight's activities!

No comments: