Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bananas, homeschooling, RA, rain...

I believe rainy season has arrived! It's been hot and sunny during the morning hours with the almost "like clock-work" 2 p.m. cloud cover and then cool breezes and rain! I love this time of year because it is so nice to sleep during the rainy season at night! Of course, by Oct. and Nov. I will be sick of the rains! It is a rather long season! Also, the last couple of days we have been having thunder which we rarely hear that often. So, that has been a nice addition to the rain showers! The camp is loaded with bananas and even the gardener is wondering what we are going to do with them all once they fully ripen from green to yellow! Today, a tree of bananas fell over in the camp before the Hand of bananas (as it is called) was even harvested! I did some calling around today to a friend in Orosi who is a Christian. She usually knows of families who are in "need" and bananas go a long way nutritionally as well as making belly's feel full! Today, I made four loaves of banana bread out of bananas we had left over from my in-laws visiting last week. I still have more to make tomorrow as I have a hard time throwing them out! Our schooling year is almost over, ending May 28th and the kids and I are working away; them on school work and me on year-end reporting. Ken has had a bout of his rheumatoid arthritis. The two and a half month remission was a welcome change, but due to pain, he returned to the doctor to find out that he is in a flare state again. This time the doctor did some joint injections with anti-inflammatory medicines because his knee was swelling up. The doctor changed his medicines and one of them costs $150 U.S. for a one month supply. This was a bit of a shock since we don't have prescription coverage! Seems the new medicine is helping, though, as today Ken is out of bed and feeling much better. His flair is in both wrists, and there is a lot of fatigue associated with this disease. Last night, I ACE bandaged his one wrist which was most painful, and thankfully today, he said he felt that it helped alot.

May through July is going to be quite busy around here! I will post more on that later. Right now, the campground is booked into September!

Please continue to pray for our family and for this ministry that God has entrusted to us!

1 comment:

pknodel said...

I'd love some banana bread, I can almost smell it here.