Friday, April 02, 2010

Amazing Love


Sometimes we sing songs and that's all we do, just sing, the words. They hold no significant meaning to us probably because if you grew up in the church, well, you've been singing them it seems like forever. There's a worship song, that everytime I sing it, I start to cry. It's a song I've noticed of "opposites" and when I focus on the words I get emotional, every time. Being the mother of two boys, I cannot comprehend the sacrifice of even one of my sons for the human race. Which one would I choose? Today, as I reflect on the events in Christ's life, I am reminded of all that He went through for my sake. I find that I don't understand fully His love for me, for I know that if it was up to me to lay one of my sons down on a cross for you, it wouldn't happen. I wish that I could love like Him. For His love is perfect.

"I'm forgiven, because You were forsaken. I'm accepted, You were condemned. I'm alive and well, Your spirit is within me, because You died and rose again. Amazing love, how can it be? That you, my King, would die for me? Amazing love, I know it's true. It's my joy to honor You. In all I do, I honor You".

2 comments:

Pete In Syracuse said...

Preach it sister

侯淑真 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.