Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Oh, Those Golden Grahams"

Yes, I ate the bowl of cereal pictured here! It has been 19 months since I have had a bowl of Golden Grahams; one of my absolute favorite cereals! Finally and a very rare find, a sale on this cereal here in Costa Rica at a mere $2 a box...we bought 2 boxes! You literally feel like you won the "lottery" when you find something like this. Look at me! I'm so excited I am blogging about it! Normally, this cereal is a little over $7 here a box. $7 and given that we live on the sacrificial giving of other people just ain't happening in this household!

God has stretched us a lot in the area of contentment while we have been on the mission field. We were simple people back home. We are even simpler now. I am thankful for the things that we have had to go without because of importation. I am also thankful for how we are learning to "find" replacements for what we are so used to having available to us. Having to learn to go without can be a good thing! It makes you appreciate all that you previously had.

No comments: