Sunday, January 04, 2009

Orientation, planning and a prayer request

Last night we had dinner prepared for us at Isa's (the camp cook) home since the rental group was exiting the camp at around 6 p.m. Some of the group walked over to town, Orosi, to have ice-cream with Katherine & David and some stayed back with Ken to start building a fire in the fire pit. When the group from town returned David & Jason led the group with their guitars in worship around the campfire.

This morning we had breakfast with the team at 7 a.m. Funny, none of them seemed to overly excited to see us that early...hahahaha! From there, we moved chairs down to the river bank for Jason's devotional which was really encouraging and timely. Ken then did a short orientation about the campground and laid out the construction projects for the week ahead. Right now, the team has left to do a little shopping before church at 2:30 p.m.

Katherine & David, Ken & I and the kids were given gifts this morning by the team. There is something so humbling to be thought of in this very special way; from body sprays, to toy cars, to American CANDY (which of course is expensive here since it is imported). Thank you Dean Ferrell and Dean Brown for thinking of ALL of us! I know we were supposed to send you a Christmas list, but with the surgery, we just got behind and I apologize. Please know, we so appreciate your kindness and love extended to us and our family!

To Sandra Reep (Katie's Mom), Just know that when Katie presented me with the prayer shawl that you hand-knit for me that I was overcome with emotion! Thank you for the prayer for healing, but especially for your handwritten note in the side bar! I will never understand fully God's love this side of heaven. Can any of us really? That a person who has never met me would invest their time in this precious handmade gift. Thank you so much!! Thank you for sharing your amazing daughter with us here in Costa Rica. She is a blessing!

I have yet to see Joey! Please pray for him! He has been in bed since he arrived yesterday afternoon, not feeling well with an upper respiratory infection! He has been sleeping a lot which is good and I'm sure will benefit him. I don't know whose worse, Jordan hanging outside his cabin door waiting for a "Joey sighting", or me asking if he is up yet? Amir (the team leader) is probably ready to kill us both!

No comments: