Monday, August 06, 2007

An "ordinary" Sunday...NOT!

Yesterday morning was crazy in our house. Men's breakfast, invitation to meet a missionary at another church, financial presentation at our church...we were going in different directions and I felt frustrated. (I like my Sunday morning leading up to Sunday School and the worship service to be calm as I prepare and anticipate receiving something from the Lord). We had also received word on Friday that we were still $400 short in shipping the ambulance off to Costa Rica and that was weighing on my heart. We arrived at the other church early enough to get to meet the missionary, Jan, and talk for a few minutes before the service started. Things became "wild", not Jan, but GOD. We had so much in common, that we all knew, this was a Divinely-appointed meeting! Jan is a short-term missionary to Costa Rica working in an orphanage about a half hour from El Jardin, the camp. Her and her husband operate a retreat center/camp not to far from our town. Weird...we had never even heard that there was a retreat center in this area. The service began with worship music and their choir, and then Damascus Road, a singing group. I received through the worship music that preparation I had lacked before leaving my home. We were introduced to the congregation as missionaries before the offering and the Pastor told them that we needed to leave to attend our church. Before we left we were given cash by Jan and the church promised a check to match her gift. The total was $400. It reminded me of this verse, "My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue; but in deed and truth". I John 3:18

No comments: