Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Do you still make cards?


Someone just asked me the other day if I was still making homemade cards. Yes, I do. Since I have been teaching rubber stamping classes at Michael's in the White Oak Plaza for the past year, I fnd that I am usually creating under "pressure" for a display in the store. I thought I would share this one that I made today when I had a few spare minutes and just sat down for the "fun of it". This card is made by rubber stamping the boot (which is a Michael's rubber stamp) on card stock and then coloring it in with colored pencils and blending it with odorless mineral spirits. I doodled around the boot to make it look like barbed wire as I thought it might kind of fit in with the "cowboy" theme. I don't know who I will send this to, or shall I say, I wasn't making this one with anyone particular in mind. When I do have time to make a card here and there for fun I like to set them aside and send them to people in the church. I'd have to say that our Sunday School teacher is always elated to get one which is fun! Well, off to the church directory to find me a cowboy to send this too! I thought I'd just share with you what I did in my "therapy" session today! Hope you're having a blessed day!

No comments: