Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Waiting on God

Waiting...it can be painful, frustrating and discouraging. They say that this is the hardest time for a missionary doing this support raising thing. It is during this time of waiting that many give up. I wish I could say I haven't thought about it (Sherri typing). The amazing thing, the very few times the thought has even entered my mind, we receive word that someone else has decided to support us! Even more encouraging than that has been the way that God has met with me, just right where I am at! Last week in particular there was one really ugly day. Let me spell it out for you, I do mean, U-G-L-Y. Ever have one of those days? Please, someone tell me I am not alone! You're like a two-year-old, hands on hips and you want an answer...NOW (and you throw in a little stomp of the foot)! God met me right where I was that day, as pitiful as it was. After He did some gentle disciplining, the next day He sent two friends to encourage me! Looking back over this past year, I wouldn't change the waiting. It has been during this time that I have been forced to trust God more, pray harder and dig deeper into His word! When things go well, I tend to depend on God less, I've realized. Sometimes God allows us to wait so He can spend time preparing. James 1:2, 4 says, "is your life full of difficulties and temptations? Then be happy, for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow. For when your patience is finally in full bloom, then you will be ready for anything, strong in character, full and complete". I'm willing to wait, Lord!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi Dundon family -

I'm so glad I found your blog! You are all in our prayers as you go through this difficult waiting period. I know that you will be blessed for it!

-Chris Franks