Monday, February 12, 2007

Seeking Support

This past week has been a week of "contacts". As we've gone through our days, God has used friends and some of our supporters to let us know of some local churches where they specifically have contacts with the Pastor, and would like for us to send a letter about our ministry. Some have even gone before us and spoken to their Pastor directly on our behalf. Yesterday afternoon I pulled out the two sheets of "notes" that I had taken all week in conversations with these friends and supporters. I sat at our kitchen table and stuffed envelopes with a letter, the Global Outreach brochure and our prayer card. As I sealed the first envelope and placed on the postage stamp, I felt a sense of urgency to pray for the "church". And so I continued in that fashion, as soon as the postage stamp was placed, praying for that individual church until each envelope was complete. What started off as a seemingly mundane task, evolved into a time of asking God to work in the churches that were receiving the letters, not just on our behalf and for our ministry, but in His behalf; begging God to bless, to heal, to grow these churches. Again, I am reminded of my short comings. I pray for our church, but I cannot remember the last time I prayed for Garner ACC. Well, you get the picture and the point that God made. Would you join me in praying for these local churches where the Gospel is spoken? God knows their names. 14 letters are going out in the mail this morning. These churches, Gospel preaching churches, need our prayers to have an impact within their congregations and on our county!

No comments: