Saturday, June 05, 2010

Man Down!!

The team left on Tuesday morning, but because of mechanical problems with their plane, they got out of San Jose and had to spend Tuesday night in Atlanta. We have received various messages, that they did get back to Florida safely on Wednesday morning, so that is an answer to prayer! I've been dealing with an upper respiratory tract infection and am now on medication for that as prescribed by Dr. Ferrell which was a blessing. I'm feeling better, still coughing some, but on the mend which I am very thankful for. I realized yesterday that almost after every single medical clinic, I have gotten sick. I guess that the alternative would be not to hug on the sick people at the clinics, but that ain't happening! I need to remember to boost up my vitamin C before a medical team arrives.

Jeff Lewis and Pastor Jeff Gardner from Threshold Church in Charlotte, N.C. are in Costa Rica just for the weekend and asked to meet with Ken and I; so we just finished that meeting this morning. Kyle has just left with them now and is translating some other meetings for them this afternoon.

Yesterday, after a couple of days of rest from having the team here we took the Maycroft Family to the amusement park for a day of fun with our kids! They all seemed to enjoy the park and the kids had a great time riding rides together. The rain held off and we sent their family home in a taxi, and our family proceeded to the airport to pick up a three-week missionary intern to work alongside of us! His name is Fred Smith and I am sure that he would greatly appreciate your prayers while he is here ministering. Fred is considering full-time missionary service. You never know what God is going to do in a person's heart while they are here. We do the best we can to educate them about "missionary life" by showing them a window into ours.

May the Lord continue to bless our work together with the Maycroft Family and with Fred. May they clearly hear His voice and His direction in the upcoming decisions that they need to make!

I tried to post pictures on here the other day, but they just weren't uploading, so I am off to find the camera and try it again. Hopefully, there may be another post later of last week's team activities!

1 comment:

Pete In Syracuse said...

I love your blog too! BUT, I love you more!!!!