Monday, March 01, 2010

Sick, another team is here and....

It's been a couple of days of bleh! Got the Hickory Grove team to the airport and off on Thursday morning. On the way home from the airport we did the grocery shopping for the small team arriving on Sunday morning. By early evening I was beginning to not feel "so great", but with a rental group arriving Friday late afternoon at the camp; I continued to help get things organized for their arrival. During the early morning hours of Friday morning it hit me and hard. I got the same "bug" that some of the members of the Hickory Grove team had, what I really think was rotavirus from past experience with one of our kids having it and today, I feel, FINALLY, a bit better, though still having some stomach pains. Anyway, the rental group never showed up which proved to be a blessing in disguise and the small team arrived safely and are now working at the camp. I haven't met them yet; thought I'd stick it out one more day at home and not share my "cooties" with them. This morning was very special here in Costa Rica for our family! Via Skype we saw sonogram video of our grandchild, ultrasound photos and we got the special news that our first grandchild will be a boy! We are so excited and happy for especially Brad who wanted a boy! In our family, we could careless...boy or girl no matter, just healthy and for that, we thank our Heavenly Father that all things seem to be going well for the development of this baby!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey sher,
Congratulations grandma and grandpa! That is so exciting. I wish you all the very best and lot's of prayer's. Love allie