Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My Mother

This picture is of my sweet mother, Ginny. It was taken in the last two weeks while she was here in Costa Rica with my Dad, my older sister, Wendy & her husband, Gary; and a special short-term team of Central New Yorkers. Yesterday, my mother had another stroke, though worse than the one she had over a year ago that triggered Alzheimer's disease in her brain. She is now in the Intensive Care Unit in a hospital at home in Syracuse, NY. Right now, her physicians are not sure of the permanent effects that this new stroke will have on her body since they cannot seem to get her to wake up. That does not mean that she is in a coma. My sister said, "she is snoring"! She is sleeping very well which is typical, they say, after having a stroke of this magnitude. The physicians and nurses cannot get my mother to stay awake to run more tests on her, though preliminary tests, the results of which we do not know yet, have been done. Today, please keep my mother and my family in your prayers!

1 comment:

Patty Honeycutt said...

I'm praying for you mother and the rest of your family too!
Love,
Patty