Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stay tuned....

Some people just don't know when to quit! I was held hostage at my diningroom table last night until well after 12 a.m. and subject to beating Brad at Phase-10. While the game isn't over yet, Ken is on Phase-8, I am in 2nd place and Brad...he's nearly last as far as point standings! I let him beat me in Turkey Foot since it is really his "family" game and I wanted him to have a warm welcome! He's in back of me snickering and saying, "right". Yesterday, we had a last minute group decide to come in and Danielle & Brad frantically helped us make beds. We had just sent a construction team home on Saturday evening. We're a little tired, but having family here keeps us going and laughing too! We are making plans to take them to the Pacific Ocean side of the country and along the way we will see Volcan Arenal which is smoking at this time. We haven't had the opportunity to go there yet, so this will be a first for all of us as an entire family. Got to speak with Robin on the phone for just a few minutes. I cried, but I miss our church family and our friends here so badly. It's a process and a daily re-commitment to the Lord just to get through some days. Keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

Patty Honeycutt said...

I know you are enjoying having your baby girl with you! Sounds like you all are staying really busy, but having fun. I am praying for you. Your name is in the front of my Bible on my prayer list. I love you all and so badly want to go and see you. Love,
Patty

Elizabeth Liles said...

My sweet Sherri... I miss you SO Much!! You have been on my heart and on my mind every day since you all have left, and I LOVE to read the blog. I read it a couple of times a week, just to make sure that I haven't missed anything. You all are So precious.... and just know that you are loved and so very missed... but we know that you are serving the King by serving His people. I really am wanting to see you... hope we can get a trip that way soon!!!

All My Love...
Elizabeth Liles