Thursday, May 15, 2008

Prayers Answered!

The teams arrived safely at the airport...Always an answer to prayer! Team A made their way on to the other places that they are ministering to before they meet up with Team B, which has been staying at the camp, in Los Chilies. When they combine at Los Chilies they are a team of 38; I think I should have clarified that better in my last post. Team B is comprised of 23 Palm Beach University students. They are a great bunch and we have thoroughly enjoyed the past couple of days with them. To the Mom's & Dad's of those kids who might be reading this; as I told them all last night, "Ya' done good"! They left this morning for Los Chilies. Team B returns to us on Sunday night with a day of sightseeing scheduled for Monday and then an all-day clinic at the campground scheduled for Tuesday. They leave for the airport on Wednesday at 1 p.m. There is a young lady on this team who went to Campbell University and their Director is from Henderson, N.C. We've had a fun time talking to them about "home" in N.C. I tried to keep off the subject of food; like Bojangles! What I wouldn't give for a biscuit and a chicken leg! :)

God answered another huge prayer on behalf of David & Katherine and Ken on Tuesday. The team was held up in customs over medication and after explaining why so much medication was coming into the country the woman said, "it's all well and good what you are trying to do, but today you won't be taking the medications through" and she walked back into the office, and left David & Katherine and Ken at the counter. The three of them began to pray over the medicine and for the people who needed it. The woman came back a few minutes later, looked at them and said, "I never saw you here, now go"! They turned, motioned to the team to get the bags and passed through customs with the medicine! I cannot wait for them to get back. I believe that God has big things planned for this outreach and for this specific team! I believe that they will be meeting physical, but also spiritual needs these next two days. I also know that Satan is against what they are trying to do. Please continue to pray for both teams!

I'd never make it as a super hero, Nathan (hanging head). Today, I unplugged the phone and took a nap! (Well, for that matter, so did Kyle & Jordan)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! God is working in the groups and the country! I'm jealous though -- what do we have to do to get a group together??? Take care Dundon Family!

-Chris