Thursday, March 29, 2007

A little gift or reminder from God

I've been feeling like the weekend would never get here! It's been a long week. Heather has had strep throat. Kyle has had pink eye. I have some things in my mind that are kind of "hanging over my head" with regard to missions work. Just when I feel a little "weary", God sends some "energy" my way! 13th Floor came to the Grove last night! Probably no one knows this except Ken and the kids...my dream has always been to go to Africa! Now you know it too! I've always had a desire to visit the Sudan and minister to the children there. I feel like I at least went to Africa last night in worship and spirit. Just a little God gift! African music reminded me of the Costa Rican music, very upbeat! Someone said to me last night, "I know you were all into this tonight"! Actually though, I love old traditional hymns, contemporary worship, bluegrass, gospel. For me, it's not so much about the music or the style. It's about the words written. Last night they did have worship music. We sang the song, "Here I am to Worship". These words, "..and I'll never know how much it cost, to see my sins upon the cross"...moved me to tears. Can we ever really comprehend the cost that was paid for us? The love of a Father to give His only Son. The agony suffered by His child, as He watched. My mind can't grasp it.

No comments: