Friday, December 30, 2011

Please Pray!

Most of you reading this may already know. We left on Christmas Day afternoon for Atlanta and returned last night to our home in N.C. We helped my brother-in-law and sister-in-law put down a new ceramic tile kitchen floor. A couple of hours before we left, our daughter, Danielle, called us from N.C. My twin sister, Terri, had called her trying to track us down. Long story short, my 37-year-old, nephew, Karl, committed suicide at 1:40 a.m. yesterday morning. He is the son of my oldest brother, Dick. Please keep our entire family in your prayers.

I have little to say because all that I know to do during this time is to hold onto the truth that I know; that His ways are higher than our ways; that His grace is sufficient!

Right now, due to the nature of his death and what looks to be a bit of a delayed funeral, and the fact that we have airline tickets to return to Costa Rica this Sunday, and talking to family members, we are going to return as scheduled and take our flight. This Sunday, would have been Karl's birthday.

Thank you for lifting up our family during this difficult and painful time.

No comments: