Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Taps" - Sing with us!

Yes, we are singing Taps AGAIN as we throw away another camera here in Costa Rica! This one was pronounced DOA (dead on arrival) when pulled from Ken's back pocket at the orphan home after three or four of the kids climbed on his back and he heard a very generous "crunch" sound! And our daughter's response back home when asked to please shop for another camera to bring down with her in November when she visits? Something to the effect of "we go through as many cameras as she does diapers for our grandson ...LOL"! That makes three cameras in two and a half years. Others have had more miserable deaths; like the last one going through a wash cycle in Heather's jeans pocket. In other words, our daughter does not arrive in Costa Rica until November 13th and there won't be any pictures posted to our blog before then....sorry! But please, don't let that be the only reason you follow us here.

Well, our visitors have returned to the States, sadly. It's a little lonely now around here. Yesterday after Spanish lessons I cleaned the camp kitchen, doing dishes, cleaning out the refrigerator, sanitizing the countertops and mopping the floor. Ken cleaned the peach cabin, stripping bedding from the Meyer's family visit and cleaning the cabin, doing laundry.

Today, I have been doing laundry in our home after not finding time to do much of any with company. We have an abundance of bananas ripening at the camp, so today I made two loaves of banana bread and two banana cakes; one for us and one for Amy & Alex. This afternoon, I have a new English student; one of Isa's relatives (the camp cook) that I am beginning lessons with. She is studying English in Orosi and paying for her lessons. I won't be charging anyone who wants to learn English because here it means the difference of a better job and pay, and I consider this a means of ministry. I am not sure if this student is a Christian, but my focus will be on building our relationship and earning the right to share my faith with her. Please keep me and my English student in your prayers!

Well, there is always enough to do here whether for ministry purposes or just the care of our family. I need to check over the last two weeks of school work the three kids have done as they progress in their homeschooling. It all keeps me out of trouble!

Thank you for reading and for praying for our family. We certainly need it as we endeavor to serve here in Costa Rica, bringing the Light of Jesus to the Orosi Valley!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I understand what you were saying about cameras! We'll have one this weekend that we are borrowing...maybe you can get some pictures to keep your blog going! Hasta Pronto!!