Friday, July 16, 2010

We're back! You've been warned!

It's nice to be typing this post from our home in N.C. There's so many things you don't even realize you miss; simple things, like walking bare foot on carpeted floors, flushing the toilet paper down the toilet, showers with a lot of water pressure, Dr. Pepper, donuts. While I've enjoyed meeting my grandson, I've also enjoyed sleeping and sleeping soundly! It feels so good to be rested up! We live in sleep deprivation mode in Costa Rica. Tomorrow night Ken comes in from Costa Rica and we are all looking forward to that. Kyle is already at his best friend's house spending a couple of nights getting caught up. Heather has seen one of her friend's and Jordan's best friend is at his Grandma's for a couple of days; so pretty soon they should be able to get reconnected. So, what's next on the agenda? I need to start making phone calls and setting up appointments with some churches and some other people who have asked us to come and speak about our ministry. When Ken arrives with our other laptop, I need to begin going through photo's and work on a presentation for the VBS that we will also be doing for a week in New York State. I need to begin working on an update letter to send out to our supporters through Global Outreach Mission as well as a ministry report to send into the office in Buffalo. Our homeschooling curriculum has arrived here in N.C. and I need to begin teaching next week. At least for this first weekend home in the States, I have absolutely nothing planned except to rest. I know I've needed that most!

No comments: