Monday, August 18, 2008

Blessed!

We've been a little "teary-eyed" around here the last two days, but we were so blessed to be able to have three weeks with Danielle & Brad! Saying good-bye was even more difficult than in March when we left, but we deeply appreciate those of you who have emailed us yesterday and today to check in and to just let us know that you are praying for us! It means so much and has been such an encouragement!

God's timing is always amazing to us and after five months, the internet connection was installed in our home today! It is so nice to be able to email Danielle (maybe four times in an hour is a little "much" for her), but I can't tell you how comforting it is just to have this connection, not to mention with family and friends! Ah, to be able to sit down at the laptop and write longer emails to people without feeling rushed and to be able to share! You never know how much you miss something until you are required to go without it!

I hope to be able to post some pictures on here of some of our recent ministry projects and share in more detail what we have been up to in recent weeks. With using someone else's internet in their home before, I felt like I was just posting in "survival" mode.

Here's a quote that has been speaking to me as we serve here in Costa Rica! I really thought it was worth sharing.

"Do not expect God to do apart from prayer, what He has said He would do only if we pray"...Arnold Geswein

2 comments:

Patty Honeycutt said...

I can't imagine how hard it was to let Danielle leave you. Your family is sacrificing so much to do what God is calling you to do. I'm praying that God continues to strengthen and equip you to do His work. I am also praying that He blesses you not only in eternity, but here and now.
I love you guys,
Patty

Anonymous said...

I am praying that God will continue to bless and strengthen your family. I know it must be difficult to be away from so many people you love!
-Chris